Pearson BTEC International Level 2 Certificate, Extended Certificate and qualifications in Business are designed for international schools and colleges. They are part of an international suite of BTEC Firsts qualifications offered by Pearson.
BTEC First Diplomas are specific work-related qualifications equivalent to 5 GCSEs at grade A – C. These qualifications are suitable for anyone working or seeking to work in a specific sector. They provide the base knowledge, principles and processes necessary to underpin effective working practices in a specific sector. Level 2 BTEC Awards provide opportunities for learners to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in the workplace.
These qualifications are not available to centres in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or British Armed Forces schools based overseas.
The purpose of this specification is to set out:
- the aim/objective of the qualifications
- the structure and rules of combination of these qualifications
- the resources required by the centre to offer these qualifications
- the knowledge, skills and understanding which will be assessed as part of these qualifications
- the method of assessment and any associated requirements relating to it
- the criteria against which learners’ level of attainment will be measured (for example assessment criteria).
The following qualifications have been approved by Pearson Education Limited as meeting the criteria for Pearson’s Self-regulated Framework. These qualifications are not accredited or regulated by any UK regulatory body.
- Pearson BTEC International Level 2 Certificate in Business (3 months)
- Pearson BTEC International Level 2 Extended Certificate in Business (6 months)
- Pearson BTEC International Level 2 Diploma in Business (1 year)
The Pearson BTEC International Level 2 Certificate, Extended Certificate and Diploma qualifications in Business have been developed in the business sector to:
- give full-time learners the opportunity to enter employment in the business sector or to progress to Level 3 vocational qualifications
- provide education and training for business employees
- give opportunities for business employees to achieve a Level 2 vocationally specific qualification
- give learners the opportunity to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The Pearson BTEC International Level 2 qualifications in Business have been designed to address the needs of Level 2 learners in key areas, including interpersonal skills and customer service. Learners have the opportunity to develop skills to support them as they build relationships with a wide variety of customers, internal and external, to a range of business environments. A range of specialist units are included to allow centres to offer innovative, imaginative and creative curriculum to meet their learner needs.
BTEC courses can have their certificates attested by the following bodies:
- British Council (UAE & World Wide)
- Notary Public, UK
- UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Embassy of UAE, London
- UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs