Thousands of learners worldwide gain places at leading universities every year with Cambridge International AS and A Levels. The syllabuses develop a deep understanding of subjects and independent thinking skills.
We help schools to build a Cambridge Advanced curriculum that brings success for learners. The syllabuses prepare learners for university study, which is why universities worldwide value and recognise Cambridge International AS and A Level qualifications.
Cambridge International AS and A Level develops learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- In-depth subject content
- Independent thinking
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information source
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- Making judgments, recommendations and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English.
We offer a choice of 55 subjects and schools can offer them in almost any combination. This flexibility means schools can build an individualized curriculum, and learners can choose to specialize in a particular subject area or study a range of subjects.
Cambridge International A Level is typically a two-year course, and Cambridge International AS Level is typically one year. Some subjects can be started as a Cambridge International AS Level and extended to a Cambridge International A Level. Find out more about the different assessment options.
A wide range of training and support resources is available to help teachers plan and deliver Cambridge International AS and A Level programs.
We hold regular training workshops for Cambridge International AS and A Level syllabuses, and online training is available for teachers to learn at their own pace. Training builds the knowledge and skills needed to help learners succeed with Cambridge. Find a Cambridge International AS and A Level training course.
We also provide professional development qualifications and services for schools. They help develop teachers’ thinking and practice.
Learners can choose from a range of assessment options, including Cambridge International AS Level qualifications alone, or as part of a progression to Cambridge International A Level.
Thousands of learners gain places at leading universities around the world with Cambridge International AS and A Levels every year. They are a passport to success.
- Accounting – 9706
- Applied Information and Communication Technology – 9713
- Arabic – 9680
- Arabic – Language (AS Level only) – 8680
- Biology – 9700
- Business (for first examination in 2016) – 9609
- Chemistry – 9701
- Computer Science – 9608
- Economics – 9708
- English – Language and Literature (AS Level only) – 8695
- English – Language AS and A Level (from 2014) – 9093
- English – Literature – 9695
- French – Language (AS Level only) – 8682
- French – Literature (AS Level only) – 8670
- French (A Level only)- 9716
- General Paper 8001 (AS only) – 8001
- General Paper 8004 (AS Level only) – 8004
- Geography – 9696
- History – 9389
- Information Technology – 9626 New
- Islamic Studies – 9013
- Islamic Studies (AS Level only) – 8053
- Law – 9084
- Marine Science – 9693
- Mathematics – 9709
- Mathematics – Further – 9231
- Physical Science – 8780
- Physics – 9702
- Psychology – 9698
- Psychology – 9990 New
- Sociology – 9699
- Spanish – First Language (AS Level only) – 8665
- Spanish – Language (AS Level only) – 8685
- Spanish – Literature (AS Level only) – 8673
- Spanish (A Level only) – 9719
- Thinking Skills – 9694
- Travel and Tourism – 9395