The qualification aims to demonstrate that IT Service Management (ITSM) professionals are equipped with the most essential skills to apply ITIL® concepts in their organization. At the same time, it’s designed to give confidence to managers that the members of their team are ready to initiate and successfully carry out required improvement initiatives.
All ITSM practitioners regardless of their job role. Those who want to achieve key skills for how to start adopting and adapting ITIL within the organization.
ITIL Practitioner is additive to the existing ITIL qualification scheme. ITIL Practitioner is another qualification within the scheme providing credits for people on a path to ITIL Expert.
ITIL Practitioner focuses closely on the Continual Service Improvement Approach, with explicit attention for a set of key skills that will allow candidates to apply this approach in their own organization.
To sign up for ITIL Practitioner, a candidate will need to have passed the ITIL Foundation exam.
Attendance at an accredited ITIL Practitioner course is strongly recommended.
• Use IT Service Management concepts that are important drivers of continual service improvement.
• Apply the ITSM guiding principles in a real-world context.
• Apply the CSI approach to manage improvements in a given organizational context.
• Use metrics and measurement to enable continual service improvement.
• Communicate effectively to enable continual service improvement.
• Number of questions: 40 based on a scenario
• Pass mark: 70% (28 marks or higher)
• Open book: the ITIL™ Practitioner Best Practice
• Electronic equipment allowed: No